Nordaq filters local tap water on site, removing impurities and undesirable flavours while retaining the water’s natural salts and minerals. Furthermore, the system can produce both still and sparkling water. The water is chilled and served directly in glass bottles. The system uses a unique, high-precision bottle-washing solution along with specially designed trays, which allows the hotel to re-use the bottles again and again. It removes the need for expensive disposable plastic bottle waste and long, fuel-intensive transportation.
Sheraton Stockholm Hotel works actively to reduce the ecological footprint through a large range of climate-smart solutions. Since 2011 the hotel is certified with the Nordic eco-label “Svanen” and has been awarded the worldwide “Green Key”. Here are some of the eco-friendly actions the hotel has taken.
- Installing ReGen elevators from Otis that use 50% less power
- All power is sourced via Swedish hydroelectricity which produces 0% carbon emission
- 89% of the heating involves renewable energy sources
- Thousands of LED lights have been installed
- Ecotop cookers and Ecoflame burners reduce heat and gas loss in the kitchens
- Heat and CO2 detectors adjust ventilation for optimal performance
- Motion detectors control stairwell lighting
- All plastic straws and sticks have been removed
- Guests who choose “Make a Green Choice” at check-in are entitled to bonus points. This choice reduces water, detergent use and carbon emissions.
- Together these actions have resulted in a 17 % reduction in electricity usage, 70 % reduction in carbon emissions and 26 % reduction of water usage since 2011.
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered, by graded relevancy to this keyword domain, and was specifically filtered by “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. Source URL states the content’s owner and/or publisher. This site only references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain. We take content ownerships seriously and respect authorships: Click “DMCA” in site footer to request applicable content take-down.