Stockholm Hotel Report 2016
According to the periodic hotel report, carried out by Annordia at the instance of Invest Stockholm, a net increase in hotel capacity is anticipated in the City of Stockholm with a total of 3,700 new hotel rooms in the period 2016 to 2020. In order to meet the needs of the future, at least a further 1,500 rooms in the city are needed by the year 2020.
– Since the last hotel report, which was released in 2014, the number of guest nights and rented rooms have experienced a powerful development. We have not seen a larger growth in non-European guest nights for 20 years. It is an evidence of Stockholm’s attractiveness as a travel destination, says Karin Wanngård (S), Mayor of Stockholm.
According to the prediction in the report, there is a need for more hotel rooms in Stockholm so as to meet the future growth of demand. In order to avoid periods of insufficient capacity, there is thus a need for additional hotel projects in Stockholm.
For further information:
Hans Åke Petersson
+46 300 541 735
Press contact Karin Wanngård:
+46 76-122 92 34
Facts in brief 2015
- 309 hotels in Stockholm County, of which 154 in the City of Stockholm.
- Nearly 13 million commercial guest nights in the whole county.
- Occupancy of hotel rooms: 72% in the city and 54% in the county.
- RevPAR: SEK 831 in the city and SEK 522 in the county.
- Number of hostels: 71, of which 31 in the city.
- Number of cottages: 8 in the county.
- Number of campsites: 34, of which 5 in the city.
The report, which was produced by Annordia at the instance of Invest Stockholm, constitutes a survey of existing and planned hotels as well as a prediction of demand for commercial accommodation 2016-2020. The forecast for demand of commercial beds and rooms is based, among other things, on historical growth rates and expected GDP development.
- ^ email@example.com (www.mynewsdesk.com)
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered, by graded relevancy to this keyword domain, and was specifically filtered by “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. Source URL states the content’s owner and/or publisher. This site only references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain. We take content ownerships seriously and respect authorships: Click “DMCA” in site footer to request applicable content take-down.